That I think is one of the trickiest questions. I am currently searching for the answer to that myself. What I can tell you is, that I'm 40 (first time I've written that!), I am happily partnered and the mother of two lovely children 4 & 7 and have the privilege of helping to raise a stepchild(17) too. Music is my newest pursuit, learning to play the flute, 2.5 years in and loving it. Plus embarking on the clarinet. Some other pleasures in life include gardening, particularly vegetables, and cycling. Ah the bliss of a descent after an arduous climb.
2 . Why did you decide to do the 12WBT?
Mostly because I wanted to shift the excess baggage I've been carrying around for years and I discovered I just wasn't managing to do it all on my own. A friend of mine had done a round and was aglow with energy and vitality, so I thought I want some of that too. So here I am third round in ready to really kick it this time.
3. What are you hoping to achieve through the program?
Reach my weight transformation targets, aswell as improving my overall fitness. I'd love to get beyond "beginner" level in the program. But more importantly I want the exercise component to be fully integrated into my life, so its just a habit, no longer a continuous struggle with me and my excuses to get off my butt.
My thought with the blog, is to help me keep my attention engaged in the program. To remove some of the dialogue that goes on in my head so I can get on with it.A desire to push myself to get up from the sidelines, be brave and be counted. Plus along the way, perhaps some of my musings will help some one else out there. I have found reading some blogs quite useful, for inspiration, feeling understood and some practical advice. I plan to let the blog evolve.
Mostly using the out door program, mixed with some at home DVDs, particularly if the weather gets too rainy as the weeks head toward autumn.
6. What is your greatest strength that will help you?
Once I get going I'm a force to be reckoned with. I am very determined but I need to get my head in the right space to press the on button. Here goes. Bzzz. Done it. I'm off. :-)
7. What are you afraid of?
Not reaching the goal. Slacking off, allowing the aspects of my life that I find challenging to take over and let myself off the hook.
Allowing myself to transform. Becoming the best version of me. (To paraphrase Michelle.)
Food I think is my biggest downfall. I am a snacker and emotional eater. My awareness has certainly increased in this area that I can notice when I am eating because I want to feel differently, or want a break but don't perceive I have the time to actually have one. How to overcome it, that's the million dollar question. I think its going to come down to noticing my behaviour, take a few breaths and then make the decision. Change from being impulse drive to thoughtful behaviours. I'm sure I'll come up with other strategies along the way. I have found if I have a tea that I really enjoy I can make that choice instead.
10. If you had to pick one word to motivate you over the next 12 weeks, what would you choose?
Renergise
No comments:
Post a Comment