When and where do you workout?
This round its a real mixed bag. At present I am financially challenged so I've ditched the gym membership for the time being and am having to get a little more creative and alot more self motivated. (Could easily go to the gym, for some reason find it harder to exercise from or at home. Will get to the bottom of that.)
So I've cleared floor space in the guest room to do my dvds on rainy days. Or when the kids are home ill from kindy or school. (Another potential excuse, but surprisingly dodge-able!) Not a huge amount of space, but I imagine I'm in a crowded Body Attack class, and I still manage to work up an incredible sweat there so why not here.
After going to friends house a few months ago and having a real knees-up using her X-box "Just Dance", I so wanted to do that at home too. So I kept looking and looking and looking and finally found it out for a song to go on our WII. Its just great fun and boy can I get a workout from it. I do need to do it when the kids are at their educational institutions otherwise they might get donged on the head with the control. When they are home its another exercise opportunity for all of us when we play it together.
For the strength training portion of the program I am to do the Outdoor program, mixed in with some DVDs. I would say the strength part of the program is my biggest challenge, and I only need to do that twice a week. What tha? If worst comes to worst I will do a really mini-workout which involves 15 lunges, 15 pushup, 15 crunches. As I say when I hit rock bottom with motivation and commitment fails I can usually pull these ones out of the hat. Better than the couch.
I used to think it was can't. But with slow plodding steps I discovered it might have been won't. I have been and am continuing to use the couch25k running plan. I have downloaded the mp3s for my ipod. Just love how easy it makes it. Not having to think about when to change intervals. At the moment I'm on about week 4. I might stay there for a while to let my body and knees adjust. Then move up to the next week. I'm willing to take it slow as I am progressing on a life long journey of health, fitness and happiness.
Are you still holding back?
Alas the answer is Yes. Hopefully admitting it means I'm more than half way to solving it. Even though I love exercise, and enjoy the feeling of strength, fitness and mental wellbeing it provides. I'm also rather partial to staying in the cosy and warm. So I'd say I've got another excuse to add to my list and a counter argument to come up with!
No comments:
Post a Comment